Circeo Law Firm’s Kentucky Burn Injury Lawyers Advocate for Victims of Electrocution, Fire, and Burn Injuries
Electrocution, fire, and burn injuries can be excruciating. And burn injuries are estimated to maim or kill one person every 30 minutes.
If you or a loved one have sustained a serious injury or death from electrocution, fire, or burn injury, contact a Kentucky Burn Injury Lawyer at Circeo Law Firm for help through this difficult time.
What Are the Challenges with Electrocution and Burn Injuries?
Recovery for burn and electrocution injuries is time-consuming, expensive, and extremely complicated. Too often, they are due to the carelessness or negligence of another person or business.
Electrocution and burn injuries can be permanent and often result in horrifying deaths. Victims may lose mobility and body parts, and extremities often need extensive reconstructive surgeries for particularly severe burns. Aside from the physical pain and permanent bodily issues, there are substantial mental and emotional effects associated with electrocution and burn injuries. You and your loved ones may experience depression, stress, anxiety, hopelessness, and despair as you try to cope with life impacted by these catastrophic injuries. A Kentucky burns injury lawyer can advocate for your rights and the damages you deserve.
Types of Burns in Kentucky
Doctors group burns into categories based on the severity of your injury, with first-degree being the least harmful and fourth-degree being the most damaging. Damage to tissue caused by burns includes:
- First-degree burns typically show as red yet unblistered skin with mild to medium levels of pain.
- Second-degree burns usually show blisters, mild thickening of the skin, and medium to severe pain levels.
- Third-degree burns can have overall thickness with a white, leathery appearance and serious to severe pain levels.
- Fourth-degree burns, which are like third-degree burns, extend beyond the skin and into tendons and bones.
Common Causes of Burns in Kentucky
Burns have a wide variety of causes, including:
- Cooking accidents with hot grease
- Kitchen equipment malfunctions
- Scalds from hot, boiling liquids
- Chemical burns
- Electrical burns
- Fires, including flames from candles, matches, and lighters
- Car, truck, motorcycle, and other vehicle accidents
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Defective or malfunctioning consumer products
- Nursing home neglect
- Acid attacks or spills
Circeo Law Firm’s Kentucky Burn Injury Lawyers Can Help You with Your Burn Injuries
Circeo Law Firm attorneys are experienced with burn, fire, or electrocution injuries and understand how difficult they can be. Clients can trust that any responsible parties will be held accountable and that victims will receive the financial compensation they deserve.